Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Mr. Xavier

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ronbass, Apr 23, 2002.

1. ronbass

ronbass

Apr 25, 2001
    Canada
    I just listened to your "Spain" and it's pretty cool. I hope that's not what you have in the works for our next lesson because I can't handle it. :D:D

2. Quit foolin' around! You're supposed to be practicing on the bass (not the puter).

Apologies guys. Ron is one of my students and he'll do (and say) anything just so I tell his parents that he's making good progress. (right Ron? ;) )

3. Mr. ?

Yea right.

4. Are you implying that I am a Miss. ? Let me check....

.....nope, definitely a Mr. :)

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Wait wait wait!!!! You only have 34 seconds on there. You don't even play the cool part. Geeze what were you thinking ;)

6. Everyone's a critic. :)

Okay, here's the thing - I recorded the whole thing but my levels are all messed up (lot's of clipping) so I'm re-doing most of it. The part you want to hear is (I'm guessing) what immediately follows that which I posted, and you ain't hearing it 'til I post the whole tune. I'm making headway and will post the tune very soon. Be patient, I'm new at this computer-recording thing and am trying my best.

7. Okay, I've updated the file. It's now 1:43sec and includes what I think you refer to as the cool part. The solo was completely off of the richter scale (clipping) so I'm re-doing that another day. This is too much work. Enjoy! :D

8. ronbass

ronbass

Apr 25, 2001
    Canada
    Yeah, right! He's Mr.X to me but I believe there's a Talkbass member with that username, so Mr. Xavier was the only thing I could think of. Sorry :rolleyes:

9. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Cool stuff, X, keep it coming. I sightread Spain a month or two ago at school.

10. No need for the sorry. He is a Mr. to me also, I just wanted to add some youth to Grand Master X.

:D