1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hey Mr. Xavier

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ronbass, Apr 23, 2002.

1. ronbass

ronbass

Apr 25, 2001
    Canada
    I just listened to your "Spain" and it's pretty cool. I hope that's not what you have in the works for our next lesson because I can't handle it. :D:D

2. Quit foolin' around! You're supposed to be practicing on the bass (not the puter).

Apologies guys. Ron is one of my students and he'll do (and say) anything just so I tell his parents that he's making good progress. (right Ron? ;) )

3. Mr. ?

Yea right.

4. Are you implying that I am a Miss. ? Let me check....

.....nope, definitely a Mr. :)

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Wait wait wait!!!! You only have 34 seconds on there. You don't even play the cool part. Geeze what were you thinking ;)

6. Everyone's a critic. :)

Okay, here's the thing - I recorded the whole thing but my levels are all messed up (lot's of clipping) so I'm re-doing most of it. The part you want to hear is (I'm guessing) what immediately follows that which I posted, and you ain't hearing it 'til I post the whole tune. I'm making headway and will post the tune very soon. Be patient, I'm new at this computer-recording thing and am trying my best.

7. Okay, I've updated the file. It's now 1:43sec and includes what I think you refer to as the cool part. The solo was completely off of the richter scale (clipping) so I'm re-doing that another day. This is too much work. Enjoy! :D

8. ronbass

ronbass

Apr 25, 2001
    Canada
    Yeah, right! He's Mr.X to me but I believe there's a Talkbass member with that username, so Mr. Xavier was the only thing I could think of. Sorry :rolleyes:

9. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Cool stuff, X, keep it coming. I sightread Spain a month or two ago at school.

10. No need for the sorry. He is a Mr. to me also, I just wanted to add some youth to Grand Master X.

:D