Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Munji........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike N, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Uncle John is the #1 qualifier in Gainseville, and he gets to run his former teammate Tony in round 1.

Think he'll get the ol' hot rod to go some rounds today?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It could be interesting. Wasn't it Tony who aced him at the Winternationals? His nephew was at my daughter's birthday party yesterday. He's on Shields Racing's team. Wonder why he's not in Gainesville. Shields won top alcohol at Pomona this year.

3. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What in the hell are you guys talking about?

4. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Drag racing.

www.nhra.com

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    YEAH!

I go to the event every year in Seattle. Good times baby, good times.

-Mike

6. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    No. Phil Burkhart got John in round two, and Tommy Johnson jr. got him in the finals at Phoenix.

Funny, you think he'd be at the track.

Then again, Super Stock ace Dan Fletcher skipped the Gators this year too. That struck me as odd being Dan is from my neck of the woods (in fact he lives two miles from me), and Florida is alot closer than CA or AZ are. Coming off a runner up in Pomona and a win in Phoenix, I'd be at the Gators to keep the streak going.

As of this post, Uncle John is through round two with a 4.79 over Del Worsham's 4.81.:hyper:

7. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'm jealous.

Closest NHRA national event for me is either Reading PA or Columbus OH, either of which is 6 hours away. :bawl:

8. Mike N

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Poor John. Crossed the centerline and lost the race. :(

Capps probably would have won anyway, he led right from the green light.

Hey Munji, could you get John to display a "Got Bass?" sticker on the ol hot rod?

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh lame. They have changed the name of the track several times, but I will always remember it as SIR...Seattle International Raceway. It's about an hour away, and oh so worth it. The Northwest Nationals baby...every year late July. It used to be called the Jolly Rancher Northwest Nationals. I have no idea what it is called now, we just go to the Northwest Nationals at SIR. :D

-Mike