1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hey 'Peg Heads! - Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GrooverMcTube, Jul 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys. If an SVT and a SVT 810 is your nirvana, this might be the Holy Grail.

Ampeg SVT custom tube bass amp and cab

Blonde on Blonde with gold accents.

This popped up on our local Craigslist equivalent, never seen one like it. Looks to be in great shape. Worth a click.

Just thought I'd share.

2. Wow! Cool!

3. Nice! Very classy looking.

4. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    drooldrooldrool

5. To preserve the pictures for when it is sold and the link dies, here it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tbone76, Goatrope, TJH3113 and 9 others like this.
  6. Day---------um!

7. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    Needs tort

8. Sah-weet!
    I seem to remember. ...in the dark recesses of my withered mind. .. DJ from The Stones. .. having a white or cream colored SVT-VR. ..
    BUT. ...as always, I could be wrong!

9. Man if this were for sale in Australia it would be going for 3 times that much at least.

I really envy your Ampeg prices.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If Everett Hull was still in charge of Ampeg, he'd kick that guy in the balls for making an Ampeg look like a Fender! But then again, if he were still in charge, there'd be no SVT's, so it's a tradeoff :D

That's a pretty good price for a custom piece like that. Back in the day, SLM had somewhat of an Ampeg custom shop going where you could get designs that were off the beaten path. There's been talk of resurrecting it occasionally, but it hasn't happened on a wide scale. They did, however, install a Heyboer output transformer in my Heritage SVT-CL 4 years ago, and they got my friend Mark from www.vintage-blue.com to build a couple white Heritage SVT rigs for Will Turpin of Collective Soul a couple years ago.

Will-Mark-White-HSVTs.

Tbone76, digmeout, GregC and 8 others like this.
  11. That is nice, eh!

12. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Maybe the cab for sale was left over from one of the runs for Rob Stewart. It looks like the same grille cloth and white vinyl. I don't recall the one that I saw having the gold badge.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  13. So nice!
    Ashdown also does a few custom-covered runs now & then too. Those SVT's look great. The only drawback is unless they're handled with surgical gloves, or stay in a showroom- Real World use= scuffs eventually.
    I have a Schroeder which uses "Rhino Tuff" in White- Looks great, but as Jorge warned-color sensitive. The Ampeg Tolex could be wiped down & cleaned but eventually- something's going to happen.

As far as custom shop work done by Ampeg

download.

This B-15 for the Beastie Boys IIRC, is too cool for a room!:roflmao:

14. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Groovy

15. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Oh my goodness!

16. Wowzers!, talk about a classy looking rig.

17. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I was expecting the worst when I clicked the link, but hot damn that's nice! Good price too!

18. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Snazzy Valve Tuxedo

19. jaymelewis

jaymelewis

Jan 6, 2010
    Fillmore, CA
    That's sick! I had an old SVT that I was gonna re-tolex but I never got around to it. Should've done this to it!

JimmyM likes this.
  20. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Oh yeah! MCA!

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Flaist.com%2Fattachments%2Ftony%2Fbeastiesseethrubassamp.

Fuzzonaut and B-line like this.