1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey questions about new basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cammy511, May 19, 2011.

1. so eventually when I get a new bass, I was thinking Fender Jazz but I have the Squire Jazz and I've heard that there is not much difference these days between the two, is this true.

2. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

Nov 17, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    depends on which squier. and on which fender.

IMO squier vintage modified & classic vibe are better than MIM fenders

3. thanks. I was going to go for the American deluxe Jazz with the preamp. It sounds amazing.

4. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

Nov 17, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    i own the squier deluxe active jazz V & I love it

photo4.

5. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

Nov 17, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    $329 everywhere, and that's exactly what I paid

6. Thanks you've been a big help!

7. AgIdoc

AgIdoc

Nov 17, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    yeah np! good luck! play some before you decide. my squier has an ebonol fretboard which not everyone likes (but i am in love with) and a thin, wide neck with pretty big spacing for a 5-er, which is also not everyone's cup-o-tea

but i think most people looking for a jazz should at least play a DAJV or CV or VM jazz before they fork over $1700 for an American Deluxe V

8. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    The AMERICAN JAZZ DELUXE is a sweet instrument, with a little more attention to detail and solid build quality

9. TravTrav

TravTrav

Jun 6, 2010
    WA
    Hmm, even the hardware? I have to say I played the Natural Vintage Modified today, and it felt extremely comfortable.

10. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    +1 to CV's and VM's

My main guitar is a CV thinline tele and it surpassed every other telecaster I tried in GC that day.

I tried out the basses in those lines and they were much better than the MIM basses. I didn't even touch an MIA bass, way too much money for my budget and I don't want that kind of GAS, so no opinion in that direction.

11. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    +1