Hey, quit hoggin' the covers!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by R Briere, Mar 21, 2005.

1. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours

OK, am I the only one who expects to be able to get covers for an amplifier that I buy? I recently purchased two amplifiers and asked to have covers sent with them. ARK!! There were none to be had!!

Is Fender the ONLY company to see the light or are there others?

And, most importantly, am I the only one who enjoys keeping the elements off of MY gear?? :eyebrow:
  2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I am a stickler for covers/cases, too. In addition to keeping my bass gear safe and protected from the elements, padded covers also help to protect my vehicle.
  3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    My gear is rack-mounted and I have the covers for my Aguilar boxes. I like my stuff to be in good condition and, like Tom, it protects my car.
  4. Then there are those who have covers, and refuse to use them.

I got my daughter a Marshall 4x12 half stack, new condition from a pawn shop. A-1 condition... so I had covers custom made for it. She refuses to use them, so now the cab has a ton of "road love" and looks like hell.

I still cringe at her refusal to use covers on her 1985 JCM-800 head. It is not (yet) trashed, but I fear for it. I'm thinking about building an ATA case for the JCM-800 so she can take the end covers off the case when playing, and leave it cased all the time.
  5. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Check out Tuki covers. Do a google search. I bought a used one last month from a fellow TB'r and it's really nice.
  6. dangjalopy

Nov 8, 2004
    i actually use my step father for that. He knows how to upholster (spelling?. i just gave him the dimensions and he built the covers out of weather proof vinyl. 50 bux for the head and cab. not bad. it pays to know someone.
  7. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Yep, I have one. Another good option: www.lecover.com
  8. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    This is the most cost effective way to go. I went to a fabric store and spent $16 on black marine-grade vinyl. Had a buddy take measurements of my 8x10 and head and he whipped up covers for both in a day. His services cost me $35. A year and a half of gigging and the 8x10 shows no signs of road wear.
  9. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
  10. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey

i am on my second ampeg cabinet. my first, an 8x10 took such heavy abuse from our touring and what not that before i knew it, had no tolex on it. luckily i got it used to begin with.

so, when i bought my new 6x10, i picked upa le cover. and since then it has saved my tolex.
  11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Here's another fine cover manufacturer:

Under Cover
  12. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've never heard of Studio Slips. It looks like some pretty cool stuff. Thanks for the link. ;)