Hey Reverend Fans!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James Ellis, Jul 25, 2000.

1. James Ellis

James Ellis

Mar 28, 2000
    At NAMM over the weekend, I got to try out the new Brad Houser model 5 string. You will like it VERY much.
    It has a neck that is wider in the upper register, but the same width at the nut as the regular 5. Neck radius is a bit flatter, so that you don't have that horrific feel.
    Pickups are reminiscent of a Fender Roscoe Beck 5.

It sounds and feels great, has a better bridge (a Hipshot). Met and talked with Brad about the bass... nice guy and a really nice bass.

2. Thanks James!! Man, that sounds cool. I've never been able to get a handle on the 5, in fact I bought a Reverend 5 when they first came out and it was absolutely awesome but I sold it 'cause it was just going to collect dust. Sounds like I may have to take another crack at it! What's the price on the Brad Houser model?
  3. James Ellis

James Ellis

Mar 28, 2000
    The list is $1,300... I would figure you could get it at around $900. Really nice bass. I don't think they got away from a really solid Reverend tone... in fact, I think it is enhanced by this model.
    You try, you will like.

4. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James Ellis:
    You try, you will like.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of!!!

5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  6. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dude:
    Here's a photo of the BH bass I took at NAMM last weekend...I loved it!
    Steve, thanks for the picture. I did NOT need to see that! It's gorgeous.. especially the pickguard. Can't wait to try one out!

7. BTW, had to relate this story. Went to see a friend's band last night and their bass player didn't show in time for soundcheck. I know a few of their songs so I volunteered to fill in. I had my Reverend in the car but before I could go get it, the bass player from the other band comes up and says "Here, play mine." He proceeds to whip out a '51 Precision!! Re-fin and re-fret, but all original otherwise. Serial #42!!! It played pretty nice, sounded amazing. This guy tells me not only does he have the '51, he has a '53, '54, '55 and '59, as well as a mint condition, ice blue metallic '69 Jazz!
    Anyway, the best part is, I went out to my car and got my Reverend for him to check out, and he couldn't put it down. I tell him he should get one, and he says, "nah, it plays too easy.. if I was still doing the Victor Wooten stuff, I'd get one, but I'm just playing boom-chick country stuff now."

Aug 19, 2000
    I have had a Rev Rocco guitar for 3 weeks and I am SO happy with it..if you are a Fender guy, it has that familiar feel......but the NECK is SO NICE!! I tried 3 basses at Ludlow Guitars in NYC, and they were fabulous. My next bass....soon(?) will be a Rev. Joe Naylor was so nice and helpful while I was making my decision, and he aswered my EMails quickly and professionally. He was VERY pleased that Will Ray from the Hellecasters ordered 2 Slingshot Customs (3 P-90's) at NAMM. Believe every good thing you have heard about them. Try one and you'll buy it!!!
    EMail Joe at ReverendMU@aol.com. Tell him IPLAYLOUD says hi!!