1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hey Software Geeks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jeff Bonny, Feb 26, 2001.

1. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    I need a program that will allow me to input notes onto manuscript in treble and bass clefs from the computer keyboard. For example one could use a series of twelve keys for the twelve notes, a series of keys to toggle between note time values and a toggle between notes and rests. Other keys and/or combinations could give misc. instructions and symbols. The resulting file should be a .gif and some playable format like .mid or .wav. Quality of the sound could be sacrificed for small, quick loading files. A simple program like this would vastly increase the ease of sharing musical ideas on forums like this and through email. I imagine one of the fancy sequencers will do it but I don't think I'm alone in being someone who has no use for more than what I've described and doesn't want to pay for and sift through a bunch of stuff I'll never use.
    Is there anything like this out there?
    If not who could write it? I'd definitely throw whatever support I could behind it.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Maybe this is what you're looking for:

NoteWorthy Composer - http://www.ntworthy.com

I think it outputs only .bmp images, but that could easily be converted by some freeware image viewer such as IrfanView or whatever.

3. the easisest composer EVER is <a href="http://www.sibelius.com">Sibelius</a>! it has all you asked for and more!

and so easy to use on internet! can save as images, html (requires the sibelius FREE scorch plugin), midi....

it´s soooo cool.. :)

but too bad it costs lots of money... :(