1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey, SolidEdge users,

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by knucklehead G, Nov 25, 2010.

1. This might be a stupid question but I think I've tried everything but smashing the computer against the wall..

How the @(*# do I delete this box? I'm trying out JD's toolkit and I can't get the thing off the work area, and in the videos he only uses Rhino so those don't help.

Attached Files:

2. In the upper left hand corner, there is a box that has your sheet views, there is "background, working and 2D model" try clicking on 2D model. I am no expert on solid edge, but that box looks like a tool box of some sort that will go away with a different model space. You could also try closing the box off to the left that has you library open in it.

lowsound

3. Phil Mailloux

Phil Mailloux

Mar 25, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Builder: Mailloux Basses
    I don't work with Solidedge either but this looks like paper space i.e. where you stick your drawings in the box and define to which scale to print everything out. You want to be working in workspace

You might want to watch a few basic Solidedge tutorials on Youtube or something

4. I pulled up tutorials on Youtube. Pages and pages of them. None in English, and all using the 3D version of the program.

Yes that box is the paper area but doing everything to scale, a bass doesn't fit in there. I finally figured out how to get rid of it, or at least hide it, though.

5. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I don't use solidedge in particular, but if it is operating similarly to the 3d version from which it is derived, generally for this kind of thing you have to get to "sheet properties" or "edit sheet," then turn off "display sheet" or display border or title box.