Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hey star wars fans - go check out the imax of ep 2.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Nov 10, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    my wife and i went to the imax theater at the mall of georgia last night and checked out attack of the clones on imax. that was awesome - imagine a screen almost 4x the size of a regular screen. it was worth seeing it again.

check it out, see if it's playing in your area. it's worth it - lots of fun.

www.imax.com

2. saw it today, holy Sh**! it was great. Yoda finally looked life sized. and the finale lightsabre battle looked more trippy than ever

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    IMAX are cool, I have not seen the ep. 2 on it yet, but I do remember seeing this one about the ocean...it was breathtaking! it makes you fell like you are right there.

4. funkasaurus

funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    As well as being a bass nut, I'm something of a film buff. Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know that due to the limitations of the IMAX format, the version of Episode 2 showing in IMAX theaters is 24 minutes shorter than the original. Understand that I'm not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing, as many people who have seen the IMAX version have PREFERRED the quicker pacing of it to the original. :)

I too enjoy the IMAX format, and I think more and more mainstream theatrical releases will be finding their way to IMAX re-releases. Besides Episode 2, Apollo 13 is another movie that was released in IMAX format. Hopefully we'll see more soon!

5. Nerds....

6. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    :D

....:confused: Hey!

:p

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, they got rid of the "frolicking with the buffalo" scene on naboo, among others. :rolleyes:, which was a welcome absence.

8. i noticed too they cut some scenes out. but it didn't matter. Those Chest-Molesting rumbles too of the starships too i'm sure made any bassist happy. (at least it made me)

9. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    anything involving natalie portman can molest me anytime! lol

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    great...

so i can see even more horrible acting and dialogue on a gigantic 4 story screen, and in super surround sound?

sounds like hell to me... ;)

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    they shoulda just clipped ALL of the dialogue scenes in general and just ran all the actions scenes.

that attack with the clones on IMAX??? HOLY CRAP!