Hey, that guy who flew the airplane into a building in Austin was a bassist...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassguppy, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassguppy

bassguppy

Jan 8, 2003
    Queens
    You wonder what makes people do these things.

Condolences to his wife and daughter who probably couldn't imagine this. Many times the family can't see the signs and are the ones to receive the brunt of the criticism after the fact.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...o_building_in_austin_texas.html#ixzz0fwfQtpjE

amd_stack_guitar.jpg

2. commie!
    :rollno:

3. JC Dillon

JC Dillon

Feb 22, 2007
    Central Fla.
    That's sad.

4. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    yup sad story

5. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    :confused:

Um...wouldn't being against taxes that support the greater good be diametrically opposed to communism?

6. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    This is why people should not mess with bass players!!

But seriously it sounds like the guy was mentally ill. I have had some pretty hefty tax bills and even had to sell some equipment to pay it. Sure I was unhappy but I got over it.

It's a real crime the way this country does not take care of the mentally ill.

7. Andyroo721

Andyroo721

Apr 25, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Great... now all bass players are crazy. Sad story... What have we come to?

8. Sad story and a waste of life - too bad. God Bless him and his family.

9. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Except that everyone from his bandmates down to his immediate family said there were zero signs of this coming. He didn't even complain or speak of it in conversation. By all accounts he was an intelligent, well adjusted person that seemed to have no issues.

Then this.

How can you take care of something that those closest to him don't even see coming?

But you are correct about the neglect of the mentally ill in general.

10. CallMeTuco

CallMeTuco

Sep 26, 2006
    Wichita Falls, Tx.
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Keep proper records and properly files your taxes... Trying to claim other peoples lives due to your frustrations is just sick. Should've sold his plane and opened up to someone about his problems, thank god noone else was hurt.

11. Tim C.

Tim C.

Feb 4, 2010
    Chicago
    His actions and apparent belief in communism are horrendously wrong, but he is right about the US government.

12. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    My Dog Sam Eats Purple Flowers
    Violence is not the solution to fix political problems.

13. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    At least he owned a plane to crash into a building, I don't see what he was so upset about. And when did flying planes into buildings not become a terrorist attack? Just asking.

14. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Okay, I've read the manifesto. There was plenty of anti-capitalist ranting but nothing overtly pro-communist. Granted, he did quote the Marxist creed...but the guy was delusional.

15. The people who would have to call it that,....don't want it on their 'anti-terror' record.

So, its just a guy behaving badly.

16. So, am I the only one wondering what's gonna happen to his bass collection?

Sick, I know, but I'm jaded... working in the "liberal" media will do that to you.

But seriously though, glad the overall harm he did was less than what he could have done.

17. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    well that's one way to get noticed as a bass player

18. PZapdos

PZapdos

Jan 23, 2010
    New Hampshire

I find that offensive.

seriously.. :eyebrow:

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.