Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Hey! That Thing Got a Hemi?"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Boplicity, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

One of the funniest series of ads on TV today are the Dodge truck ads featuring a pair of rednecks who long for the good life driving a Dodge Ram outfitted with a Hemi V-8 engine. I reckon that Dodge Hemi is one powerful peice of equipment.

I've taken a real liking to the two hapless rednecks who fail again and again to outrace the Dodge truck and its amused driver, even when he is towing a large boat with Hemi dual outboard motors.

I wish they'd appear in a movie or a TV sitcom because they have taken on a life of their own over and above the funny Dodge truck ads.

Recently my sister was taking me for a drive in her new Nissan Pathfinder Armada truck/SUV, one impressive vehicle. We stopped at a redlight and I kid you not, someone pulled up beside us and asked us to roll down our windows. Then the jokester yelled, "Hey! That thing got a Hemi?" just like the rednecks in the ad. That was so funny. We both burst out laughing, but we didn't try to drag race.

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

come to Royal Oak, MI. in July of next year for the "Woodward Dream Cruise" and you'll see enough of those gearhead types to last you a year.

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, those are some really creative ads! Seen the one where the passenger is choking, so the driver of the hemi Dodge accelerates rapidly and brakes, dislodging the passenger's food? The chunk of food winds up stuck to the inside of the windshield and... lo and behold... the camera zooms in to reveal the expelled chunk to be Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

What a hoot!

:D