Hey there people, i'm new........

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by After Forever, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    I am. And i just started playing bass a month and a half ago and i'm 20, better late then never.....

any pointers in helping me out so i get good fast would be greatly appreaciated. I bet if i could play good i'd get mad sluts. But if you don't wanna help me out that cools too.

Peace :)
  2. Well, real soon you're gonna understand what a moderator does. I have a feeling you'll get edited very soon

But, other than that. Welcome. I started playing when I was 20, and I'm still not any good lol. Read the forum rules also.
  3. aloha.
    tip: practice a lot. and as soon as you can, jam with other people. try to play with as many different people as you can, so that you learn to play with others and adapt to them. i think that's a good thing to learn, for sure.
  4. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    all i said it i bet i would get mad slut, what is wrong with that, how would i get in trouble

Anyways i do practice a lot, as of now on average 3 hours a day. Basically all i do is dick around, i don't learn any actual songs because i am not good enough to play by ear, and most of the tabs online are horribly wrong...so why bother learning something the wrong way? I would buy the actual sheet music but i am poor, i could barley afford my bass.

I guess i will keep it up though, it's the only thing that interests me anymore.
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    his message speaks to me and my entire generation
  6. and/or:
    Is your mind so small that you have to fall
    In with the pack wherever they run
    Will you still sneer when death is near
  7. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Welcome to TB! We're glad to have you. But there are a few things that I wish to help you out with.

1. An introduction post is usually called for. However, a common mistake is to post it in the wrong forum. It's ok, forgivable.

2. Using the words "mad sluts" is colloquial I assume. We, the online community, are not colloquial. Therefore, it can, at times, take on a rather demeaning connotation. Abstinence is a safe bet (that's right kiddies!). Yet, still forgivable.

3. The guys are joshing you. What kidders, eh? This is a wonderful community, but full of jokesters...take it in stride.

That said, welcome and enjoy your time here. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.