Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey There...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BadMonk, Mar 7, 2006.

1. BadMonk

BadMonk Enjoy The Ride

Feb 25, 2006
    Bedminster, New Jersey
    from a complete newbie (to the bass and to talk bass). This site looks like it's chock full 'o info. Thanks to those who put forth the effort, etc.

Like I said, I'm really new to the bass. Naturally, I suck at it but I am digging it when I can play a clean note here and there. Really, I'm not even sure how to learn...I'd ask the question in the forums but it's probably already been asked.

Thanks for letting me join...and I'll probably be seeing ya around!

2. Hey,

i'm not sure that there is "how to" in learning. Of course there are certain technics that sombody has to show you depending on what you would like to play. I first fell for the bass guitar listening to the song "Keep the faith" from Bon Jovi when I asked my father ,who was plaing guitar, "What's that?". The answer was some kind of Manowar-ing, "My son that is the bass".
    He thoght me how to get the notes but his bass playn' sucked, so I took my music and played after it. I was listening to a part of the song and then tryed to reproduced it on my guitar. After that I played along with the song so I could hear my bass and the song.
    Even if you don't like certain types of music you should listen to it and gather up a library of sounds to help you have control of your instrument.

So, may the force be with you!