1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hey! This is no 6-string piccolo bass!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tsal, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    ..and here I was hoping.. :bawl:

Oh well, might as well keep it, it wasn't that bad price, considering it has Duncan '59 pup, hardtail with strings through body and actually surprisingly decent build to be a MIC Squier. I guess I'm a guitar owner then :meh:

Hey, it could be worse, it could have Floyd Rose on it :eek: Oh, it's a Squier Tom Delonge model.

[​IMG]

2. Was it some type of e-bay sale?

personally I think the guitar looks nice.

you're gonna get alot of crap from other TB'ers about it being squier and a T.Delonge...

I like the M. Hoppus bass me self:)

Rock on...

(oh...and don't make the bass(es) jealous;)):oops:

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hehehe...you got hosed :p

4. hmm, all I can say is that it looks pretty good for a squire. And I don't hate the other members of Blink182 other than Mark. I think Tom is a pretty good guitarist and the drummer is pretty tight. But mark sux, period.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yes, I'm such a sucker when it comes to basses ;)

Oh, Osama, to my eyes it's rather a nice and simple strat that just happens to carry the name Tom Delonge on it's neckplate. Actually that's a nice bonus, I get to say "Hey Blink182 like totally rawks man! I dig them so much I bought Tom's signature guitar!!" :p

It looks pretty decent so far, only negative thing I have found out is that the finish chips instead of denting - I already knocked a tiny bit off with a screwdriver while peeking under the jack. Looks like the body is solid wood too, not too bad deal for the $250 I paid with the replacement pup.

6. dude...you can get one new from M.F for 180...are you crazy?

you got jipped:)

;) :oops:

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Not in Europe, mate. It's $270 here, the pup something like $100 :rolleyes:

8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Call is a super short scale 6 string piccolo bass. That's what I do with mine, it clears my conscience ;)

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I dig the DeLonge strat... it sounds awsome... and the hoppus bass is punchy as hell when you play finger style...

10. So0o0o0orry...

:rolleyes: