Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey! This is no 6-string piccolo bass!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tsal, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    ..and here I was hoping.. :bawl:

Oh well, might as well keep it, it wasn't that bad price, considering it has Duncan '59 pup, hardtail with strings through body and actually surprisingly decent build to be a MIC Squier. I guess I'm a guitar owner then :meh:

Hey, it could be worse, it could have Floyd Rose on it :eek: Oh, it's a Squier Tom Delonge model.

[​IMG]

2. Was it some type of e-bay sale?

personally I think the guitar looks nice.

you're gonna get alot of crap from other TB'ers about it being squier and a T.Delonge...

I like the M. Hoppus bass me self:)

Rock on...

(oh...and don't make the bass(es) jealous;)):oops:

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hehehe...you got hosed :p

4. hmm, all I can say is that it looks pretty good for a squire. And I don't hate the other members of Blink182 other than Mark. I think Tom is a pretty good guitarist and the drummer is pretty tight. But mark sux, period.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yes, I'm such a sucker when it comes to basses ;)

Oh, Osama, to my eyes it's rather a nice and simple strat that just happens to carry the name Tom Delonge on it's neckplate. Actually that's a nice bonus, I get to say "Hey Blink182 like totally rawks man! I dig them so much I bought Tom's signature guitar!!" :p

It looks pretty decent so far, only negative thing I have found out is that the finish chips instead of denting - I already knocked a tiny bit off with a screwdriver while peeking under the jack. Looks like the body is solid wood too, not too bad deal for the $250 I paid with the replacement pup.

6. dude...you can get one new from M.F for 180...are you crazy?

you got jipped:)

;) :oops:

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Not in Europe, mate. It's $270 here, the pup something like $100 :rolleyes:

8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Call is a super short scale 6 string piccolo bass. That's what I do with mine, it clears my conscience ;)

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I dig the DeLonge strat... it sounds awsome... and the hoppus bass is punchy as hell when you play finger style...

10. So0o0o0orry...

:rolleyes: