Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Throbbinut

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by not78pbass, Jan 7, 2003.

1. have you seen the new Nissan Murano commercial?

plot:
    guy goes to like 6 bookstores looking for a book. at the last one he picks up a copy of the "first printing" of Slaughterhouse 5. (personally, i think Player Piano would have been more appropos)
    next thing you see is Kurt Himself, then a shot of the first page and KV doing one of his signature single-line "self-portraits".

It rules!

to make this thread topical...which amp do you think Kurt Vonnegut would play if he were a big-stringer? :D

2. I saw that commercial last night and freaked! You're right, Player Piano would be more fitting.

If you haven't read TimeQuake, you need to. It's good.

As for his amp, hard question. Maybe a B-15? :D

Chris

3. I got it in hardback, bought it on the day of release :) I read nearly all of his books within a years time. I went to amazon.com only to find about 3 of his books that ive not read.
    I've even got the book written by Kilgore Trout (who is not Vonnegut) 'Venus on the Half-Shell'

As far as amps are concerned, i'd have to concur on the b-15. Its hard to tell if he's a classic or hi-fi type guy. my other vote would be Clarus + ea VL112 :D

4. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I'm about 70% done with "Timequake". I LOVE Vonnegut! I still haven't read all his books but I'm getting around to it.

BTW Vonnegut, I think, would play an early SVT with the 6146B output tubes, unconverted, of course and he would have cases of them hoarded away in his attic. :cool:

5. Larry,

Man, another Vonnegut head in the Valley. Cool.

You didn't get wet last week did you?

And I think Timequake is one of the coolest books I've ever read. Unbeatable.

Chris

6. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Got wet but didn't get flooded. I'd hate to know how bad it would have been without West Point Dam! According to the old timers, it used to happen a lot before the dam was built.