Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HEY TORONTO FOLKS

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Nov 4, 2004.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    finally i'm going to be coming up to toronto next week, for a week, staying at eaton center marriot. i'd really enjoy hanging out with some of my toronto buds. let me know if you guys want to meet up at any time.

2. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Nobody loves you?

:D

4. Too bad im so freakin busy with work season ending for me..i would love to meet you John. Its about a 4 hour bus ride for me to TO.

Maybe next time.

5. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Go up to the Orbit Room on College Street. It is owned by Alex Lifeson and it usually has really good live music.

Or for closer, go to the Rivoli or the Horseshoe on Queen Street. Rivoli has pretty good food too.

Also, check out Songbird Music and Capsule music. Both on Queen St and usually have a good used gear selection.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    john, look up a bass player named Rich Brown - he is truly amazing

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the orbit room is very cool - been there, and even made the anniversary party they had at that venue way up on yonge.

we used to go to toronto every 6 mos or so, we loved it, but because of finances we haven't been able to go in a few years. this is the first time in a while, and i'm really psyched. i like the cold :D

8. Oh man, I would come see you again but I moved 4 months ago to Pembroke Ont.

Sorry man. I want to play your Conklin again.... I mean I'd love to chill with you.

Have fun in the T dot.

Not the same reason for comming to Toronto this time I hope

9. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I used to live there. I am not sure what you are into, but I know the city fairly well..... there is always the Hockey Hall of Fame.. or the Bata Shoe Museum!

:D

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    no, thank goodness. just fun and games this time. :hyper:

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, both sound great. tell me more. :D

12. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
  13. Awe, I'm going in december. I would have hung with you. At least it would give me a great excuse to get out of the inlaws house ;)

Well if you go back at xmas, I'm there dude.

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh heh. actually i really want to go check out points west in canuckistan, especially vancouver. i've been to montreal and quebec before, absolutely loved it.

i guess we just really know toronto, and it satisfies our hankerings for big city order and culture that we're missing here in hotlanta.

15. See, there's no one from Toronto on these boards! Montreal, on the other hand.. ;) Seriously, come by sometime and we'll have a mini get-together with Sargebaker, the Ombudsman, Jazzin', and the rest of the Montreal crew.

16. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I know someone's already said it, but Steve's Music and the 12th Fret are great stores.

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

17. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles

The "Van" is a really nice city. Clean and Beautiful. Victoria and the northern parts of that island are just perfect.

I have seen more of Canada than most Canadians. Ask away.......

Banff and PEI are gorgeous places as well.

18. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    This I actually might be able to make as I have a long weekend coming up.

What's your schedule going to be like?

Antipop you're in Pembroke now? Drop me a line if you ever stop into the "big city" ;)

19. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Toronto has culture? ;)

20. I do I do and I will. Let me know if you ever come to this dream shattering place. (though I like it here... just what I have been told)