1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hey tplyons and tedintheshed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chips, Mar 22, 2006.

1. you guys being very interested in the muff :)smug: ), ever come across, tried, heard about one of these?

[​IMG]]

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Haven't had a chance to try one yet, but I'm always keeping an eye out for one at a good price.

Basically a Muff with a compressor built in. Heard some great things about them.

3. Eisenmann

Eisenmann

May 12, 2004
    wow never heard of those
    I bet they kill!

when were they produced?

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I always run any distortion with at least some-amount of compression in front of (before) it.

That's pretty-much what makes distortion sound good with a Bass Guitar, to me.

Joe

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    From what I know they were only made in the late 70's and perhaps the early 80's. They are driven by op-amps, not transistors so are similar to the latter versions of the Big Muff with a Soul Preacher compressor built in.

My biggest turn off? AC power.

6. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes, I've tried on in a pawn shop. It was very noisey humwise, but had been abused a bit so that may no be a fair assessment.

7. if you go to the site that you can see on the pic, they have a decent listing of EHX ad other vintage pedals aswell. Popped up when i was googling.

I would love to try the talking pedal aswell. And the old EHX wahs.

What was the tone on it like Ted?