Hey, Trace Elliot guys............

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jugghaid, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    I already had a V6, a V-type preamp and this week I bought a Hexavalve and a NOS V4. I got the V4 from www.britishaudioservice.com and I needed some replcement knobs for the V-Type preamp. The plastic ones broke.

While I was on their website, I saw a CD of all the Trace Schematics and Service manuals etc.

I figured if I'm gonna own this many Trace produccts, having the service manuals and board schematics isn't a bad idea so I got it.

This thing has a ton of info on it.

I highly reccommend it to anyone who works on their own amps.
  2. Oh, how I want to be a Trace Elliot guy. I am dilligently searching for a V-Type pre. That V-6 looks drooltastic.
  3. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Does it by any chance describe any modifications to the V6 meant to increase 'reliability' or something? Shane at BritishAudioService mentioned that he likes to change a couple resistors (or something like that) on the V6 to decrease the stress on some of the components. I don't know the exact details (obviously) but curious if the CD mentions anything.
  4. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Nope. But supposedly my V6 had those mods.
  5. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, same here... I just wish I knew exactly what they were!
  6. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Does that happen to have a schematic or anything for the 1210 model 4x10 combo?
    I think it is just a combo GSM, but that would be great if you had any kind of reference material on it, as I need to do some electronic work on it.

7. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    It has service manuals for:

7 band
    12 band
    Boxer an Commando
    Mk V
    Series 6
    SM Series
    SMC Series
    SMX Series

Is your combo in any of these classes?
  8. strah

Oct 1, 2004
    What is this V6 mod you're talking about? I guess my V6 would like that mod too!