Hey, what about chorus pedals? Need feedback...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NewWaveBasser, Sep 14, 2004.

1. I do not have the money for a pro multieffect thing... plus I only really like overdrive and chorus... so I'm looking at individual pedals for each effect.

The megathread on overdrivers above has helped me on 50% of the deal...

But I do not see enough reviews of chorus pedals.

Basically, I need to know about the BOSS BASS CHORUS. It costs $85 down here in PR... is it worth it? They didn't have any "BBCs" at the store so I tried the Chorus Ensemble and Super Chorus, both for guitar IIRC. I loved the sound, but it's not the chorus pedal for BASS.

Has anyone tried it (the Bass Chorus) ????

What other chorus pedals should I think about?

PS: Think Simon Gallup, Peter Hook, the 80s...
  2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Not to be a shill, but I've got one (Boss CEB-2 Bass Chorus) in the For Sale section. It gets the sound you're after, and it's only $40.
  3. I think the one way to better prepare yourself for it would be to go to the boss website and listen to the sound samples, then checking if any of your friends have one that you can try, I'm not super whether the Chorus Ensemble or Super Chorus work with bass though. I was pretty hyped up to get a chorus pedal as well, till I heard some of the sound samples on the website, it wasn't to my preference back then, and since the stores here don't carry it, I decided to go with an octaver I could try instead :cool:
  4. I've tried the Bass Chorus, it's not too bad. I didn't really have anything to compare it to though, because I hadn't played any others. Compared to sound samples I've heard though, it was alright. It works well on bass, and the controls let you dial in pretty much any type of chorus you are after (short subtle chorus to long heavily delayed chorus and anything in between). HOWEVER, I have been looking around the net and stumbled across this:

Have a listen to the sound samples. The guy built it himself of the schematics for a EHX Small Clone Chorus. He did some mods. It sounds really good on bass I think. I'm considering building one myself.
  5. pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    hey new wave basser. i'm into the same bands. check out clips of my band's practice to hear what the boss super chorus sounds like. when the band really kicks in, i click on the boss bass overdrive. i dont like a too saturated chorus so the effect is moderate.

audio track 3
  6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The boss bass chorus is a perfectly fine pedal, esp for the money.

I'm a big Peter Hook fan too, I have the Analogman Clone Chorus which lets me get a very Hooky sound if I want too.

There are a LOT of chorus pedal reviews here in the forum: the EBS UniChorus, Fulltone ChoralFlange, DLS pedal, Digitech Chorus, TC Electronics SCF...