1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey What do yall know about Reverb Tanks?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by unclejam, Mar 9, 2008.

1. WEll :smug:

Reverb is by far one of my favorite effex :bassist:

Well basically i want a Head/Rack mount reverb tank and other required things if any

school me please:help:

----------------
    Now playing: A.B. Quintanilla III - Fuiste Mala
    via FoxyTunes

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    There's the Fender, which is sort of like Moogerfoogers in that everyone will tell you that it's the one to get. It's good, but not worth the money IMO. Then there's the Premier 90. I owned one of these for awhile and thought it was awesome, better than the Fender, and cheaper. The major drawback is that mine had a lot of hum, and I would guess that this is pretty common for an aging tube amp with an ungrounded cord.

Then there are the rack units, which I prefer. I haven't used them all, and they all have their own flavor, but the best IMO is the Tube Works. It's based on the Fender circuit, and is tube-driven, but it is stereo, uses 6-spring tanks, and take up 1 rack space instead of being like a whole extra amp to carry. It can go fully wet, and has 3-band eq, input and output gain for each channel. To me, this is the real holy grail of reverbs (not the EHX Holy Grail). But they are commanding a lot of money on ebay right now (which is why I sold mine - couldn't argue with getting 4 times what I paid). There's also the Peavey Valverb, which is mono and has tube-driven reverb and tremolo in 1 rack space.

Beyond those, there's a wide variety of spring reverbs available of varying quality, most of them solid state, made by Tapco (4400), Orban (111B), Vermona (Retroverb, several others), Furman (RV-1 and RV-2), Boss (RX100), DOD (R845, R848).

3. Are there any in production right now?

4. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD