Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey, what do you guys think of my new bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoryBelcher, May 30, 2004.

1. Hey all. For the past three months a great guy from Greensboro North Carolina has been building me a bass. He's an amazing builder, who ive been trying to pursuade for almost two years. He finally told me he would build me a fretted 5 string.

You guys know him as "peterparker" here- and I think youve seen some of his work already. But here are the progress pics of the new 5 string he built me. The most recent pictures give you an idea of the final product- but they lack the wax treatments that peterparker has been doing for the past week. As soon as I have it in my hands (next friday), I will have new pictures, and hopefully some soundclips. But please tell me what you think for now...

http://community.webshots.com/user/corybelcher

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    It is awesome.

3. Very impressive! I like how the neck blends together with the body on the back. Makes fretting in that territory a little easier. And that fretboard is a work of art.

4. thanks guys. Im very excited. This guy is just such an incredible builder.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I don't really like it. It makes me think of Cromagnon man for some reason. But hell, it's just my opinion. If you like it, then who cares what we think?

6. Pretty nice! I have a walnut top like that on one of mine:

[​IMG]

It's cool how the grain goes in a direction perpendicular to the figure.

- Dave

7. that bass is absolutely gorgeous man. Really really nice. Did you build that?

8. Very nice bass!

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW!!!!! Thumbs up to Peter Parker!!!!!!!

10. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    That's some craftsmanship peterparker!! There's something about the horns that are a little unsettling, but it's all cool :D

Congrats cory!

11. It looks very nice.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Very nice!

I personally would have rounded the body more but then again, its not my bass ;)

Peace
    Nick