Hey! Whatever happened to that "Redeemer" guy?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by scottyd, Oct 17, 2011.

1. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Builder/owner Redeemer Basses
    Im still alive and well guys! With great news. The Wife and I have decided to pull the trigger on a new shop!! :hyper:

Thats right 1000 Sq ft of pure saw dust heaven! Hey thats friggin huge to me!

I've got a couple of builds in progress but stopped after we had a terrible storm that basically left my old lil humble shop roofless! So things have been on hold and I got the wet power tools to show why...:scowl:

So thats my priority right now and until the shop is done and setup to my liking I'm not building JACK!

But I will start a thread on the shops progess and get some of you guys input on how you'd set it up.

Going to plumb it for dust collection and all that good stuff..

It will have its own seperate spray room... Yay! A little office, heated and cooled of course. Real exciting stuff. So stay tuned!

2. rythman6969

rythman6969

May 29, 2007
    jersEY
    WOW ! That is exciting. Sorry about the old shop, congrats on the new one. 1000 sq. is huge to me also. That sounds insane ! I'm jealous.
    Good luck.

--matt

3. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Thanks Matt! It still sounds insane to me too, especially since I've worked out of about 200 sq ft for YEARS.

Yep im gonna miss the old shop we have a lot of history... NO worries, when I tear it down alot of the lumber from it will be used to build me some tables and benches. Lol.

4. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Glad to hear all is well Scott, and congrats on the upcoming new digs!!!;). I know when the "art studio/meth lab" next door to my old storefront(strip mall) went boom, I was lost. Tools and machines all gone, and insurance only does so much. I built this shop onto my house, it was a new lease on life, and perspective changed greatly. My shop is only 600 sq ft with a 95 sq ft spray booth, but it's a godsend. I hope everything works out well for you on this. BTW was at your Whataburger there by the highway(exit 342 or something like that.) A few weeks ago on my way back to Austin. One of these days....LOL

Glad you stopped by and didn't fall prey to some cult or Jerry Jones plot to overthrow the NFL;) :p

5. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Yes sir new lease on life is correct. Hopefully the slab will be poured within a few weeks.

6. Congratulations and success to you!
    (by the way, i've no idea how much 1k square feet are in meters and I'm too lazy to look it up right now...)
    I bet it's huge though! post pics soon!

7. J Lund

J Lund

Aug 6, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Congrats, Scott! That is a bummer about the storm, but it is awesome that you get a new shop out of the deal. Glad to see you back, and I hope to see a fresh build soon!

8. ~93m^2. Congrats on the new shop Scotty.

lowsound

9. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Thanks fellas

10. Congrats Scott! When you tear down the old shop, you have to use some of the wood to build a bass. :)

Looking foward to seeing what comes out of the new shop. Is your website still up?

11. ddtkills

ddtkills

Mar 7, 2009
    I look forward to seeing the shop layout. 1000sq ft is huge!
    good luck!

12. BassCycle

BassCycle

Jan 6, 2006
    Temecula, CA
    Builder: Classic Bass Works
    "Like"

13. jasonpv

jasonpv

Sep 28, 2007
    Double like!

14. Updates?

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021