1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey, What's Up?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by David Kaczorowski, Jul 18, 2007.

1. I was looking for some threads to to make some smart-ass comments in but couldn't can't seem to find a good spot.:D

2. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
  3. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    You might want to PM Steve about that to avoid reopening some painful discussion.

I think there was a pretty big row in the luthier's forum. I hardly go there. The most important thing for me to know about major set up and repair is my luthier's phone number.

I change strings, keep an eye on my bridge position and look for changes or problems, but leave the rest up to a pro.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hey bro, welcome back! Just pick any old thread to be a smartass in - it's what most folks do... If yer still in Philly, give my old student John Stenger a shout if'n ya see him.

5. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Now that's what I call some moderation!

6. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    'sup

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    That would be, "be a smartass within the clearly stated TB rules", of course. :)

8. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Of course.

9. No kiddin'? I haven't seen him in a few years. We worked together in a pit orchestra of all things. We talked about playing sometime but we never got around to it.

10. Hey, good to know you're safe.

11. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Hey Crackhousekey in the houski, welcome back bro....

12. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Dull, dull, dull 'round here 'til DK turns up . . .

Jeez, Dave, you could always start popping random comments in the gear threads. Try these on for size:

"I heard a rumor about production problems making all the new Thomastiks play out of tune."

"The Peavey blows the Walter Woods away."

"Kolstein is importing from Romania."

Whaddya think?

13. I guess I need to dig.

The Kolstein thing is true btw. There are basses Barrie did the proto-type for and he has a shop produce and ship them unfinished, then they're finished in the shop. Big deal. They're good sounding basses at a great price.

My Pirastros play out of tune too, when I put my finger in the wrong place.

Peavy vs. Woods? Is that guy on drugs?

14. TroyK

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA