Hey, when did Fender start making pure nickel bass roundwounds?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by RCCollins, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Are these new?

I've never tried pure nickel rounds simply because the only available options were either weird (like DR Hellborgs) or really pricey (Pyramid). These are under 20 bucks!

Can't wait to try a set... I sure wish they'd make 5-string sets though!

2. They have made them for a number of years. Although their output is not quite as much as other string types, their sound is amazing. I just put a five string set on my 5 string fretless, and they sound excellent. Smooth feeling as well.

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    had them and loved them. great WARM (if not the warmest, they're close to it) round deep thick tone.

4. Oh yes, I forgot. You can order a B string for this set on the www.juststrings.com website. Just go to the single strings section, click on bass strings, click on fender, then pure nickel. Last I checked they had a B in .120 and .125.

5. wow, that is some good information... i wonder if they've got a B string for the fender flatwound set? nah, that'd be too good to believe

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021