Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey, Where's My Cable Thread?!?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by McHack, Jan 4, 2006.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    A couple weeks back, I started a thread asking people what brands of cables they preferred to use. I cant find it now, however, there was some good info in there...

The reason I'm asking is, on Crown XLS 402's, each channel requires input... so, I'll need a XLR cable, with a splitter built in... I was just sniffing around on MF & I didnt see one.

I'm sure such an animal exists, I just dont know where to find one.

2. i clogged the toilet

3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Perhaps a polite PM to a mod might get you an answer?

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    check you "my talkbass" settings so threads you post on are "subscribed" to. check "recently subscribed threads" or "all subscribed threads " on that first page of "my talkbass".

5. You probably won't find a full length cable like that, but you will be able to find a Y-cable adapter to attach to the end of your long XLR. I'd think the pro audio seciton of your local music store is likely to have one.

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yes, that's it! And, I dont really need a full length cable... Just an adapter will suffice!

Wierd, cuz I did a search, over the whole bass forum & I didnt find it... Anyway, thx for finding it,,, as I was unable to.

7. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I have made Crown XLS Splitters for bridged mode, and made them for folks here and elsewhere. Also, Butch at Bayou Cables knos the drill with these. If you just want parallel mono then a regular splitter is OK. If you want to run bridged then you neeed one side to be wired with reverse polarity.

I don't know of anywhere than sells the bridged-splitters off the shelf.