1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey... would this work?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Roland777, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Roland777

Roland777

Jun 1, 2006
    Sweden
    So I'm thinking out the cheapest way of getting a complete gigworthy rig for my guitar and bass. I've got a POD XT Live, which makes a complete guitar-rig only a cab-stack away. Now, I was thinking what if one were to buy the Bass Recording add-on for the POD and buy a separate bass cab to plug into when playing bass?
    What I'm wondering is whether the amp-models are good enough to power a bass-cab.

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    What about ditching the guitar stack, and just getting a power amp and a fairly accurate full-range speaker cabinet, and using that rig for guitar and bass?

As far as the POD is concerned, the guitar and bass models have to have the same innards, so I'd imagine the bass patches for the guitar pod are just as good as the bass pod itself.

3. um..that POD is a modeler/processor. it is basically a preamp (in some respects) u would still need a power amp (unless u want like maybe 1 watt through a full stack!:rollno: :eek:

4. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Inactive

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    The POD will NOT power any kind of cab. You need to go into the pod, and then a power amp or head, then the cabinets.
    No need for a bass recording add on for the pod to play live.