Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey XBox Gamers!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHack, Dec 28, 2004.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Are any of you going to grab a copy of MechAssault2? This title has me COMPLETELY pumped. MechAssault was THE GAME that convinced me to get an XBox, & boy was it fun.

But, now its replacement is due out today or tomorrow, & I can't hardly stand it! The majority of XBox'ers on my FL are all MechAssault heads & we will probably unite under a single house, & dominate the remaining houses in conquest mode.

2. Wow, I can't wait to try it out, but I'm totally broke right now. Add insult to injury: Someone thought it would be funny to take my extra network cable, so no Xbox Live for me for now.

Once you get it, let me know what house you sign up under, assuming I can get it and play along.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

How long of a cable do you need?

I will send you one, no charge...unless you need one 100' long. :)

-Mike

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im strictly a Halo man.

6. Halo 2 just hasn't worn out its welcome yet.

7. Wow, thats really kind of you, but hopefully that won't be necessary. When my neighbor was making cables for the family (we decided to ditch on our wireless gear) he might of mistaken that cable for his own when he finished and took it back with him. Or I just misplaced it.

That's really kind of you to offer, but I don't like the idea of people sending me something for nothing. I can mail you a few bucks in return, whatever shipping costs and a tip or something...whatever you think is fair.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Jake,

Send me a PM with your address, and how long of a cable you need. If you need anything under 15', I can send it out Wednesday. If you want to pay for it, go ahead. It is a gift to you regardless.

-Mike

9. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I got ~$40 to spend at Worst Buy, so I might pick this up if they don't have Pulp Fiction or the South Park movie on DVD. Or I can try to run an Ethernet cable across my house (roughly 100' of cable, plus tripping over it while walking down the hallway) and get Xbox Live...

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

What about wireless?

-Mike

11. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Too much money to invest right now. At least $100 for the setup, plus $50 for Xbox Live... can't afford it right now. Maybe I'll move my TV and Xbox right next to the computer and never leave this room for anything except bathroom breaks and food.

12. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    My membership to Xbox Live hasn't run out. It's been maybe 3 years and I only signed up for one year. Hope I'm not jinxing it. :bag:

13. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    They automatically charge your credit card for another year unless you cancel it, IIRC.

14. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    That is correct...

15. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Yea, you might want to check the credit card you used to sign up to the service.

I cancelled my XBox live service about a month ago. What a fiasco that was! It took about 7 calls before I actually got through to an operator (you can only cancel over the phone). The first 6 times I was put in the phone cue and after about 10 minutes the phone would just go dead. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

16. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Crap. :scowl:

17. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I plan on getting the 1 year subscription to X-Box live tomorrow. Right now i've been on the 2month freebie that the guy i bought my X-box off of started-i figure this way i'll be on my own account....plus they have that package thing where you get the communicator plus crimson skies along with the year to it for like $70. I figure-why not?
    Right now all i've played on live is Halo 2. I really suck, but i have fun. IIRC, i've bought about 7 games used. To think-the sets of strings i could have bought. ;)