1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey Ya'll from West Virginia

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by etoncrow, Jul 25, 2007.

1. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum)

Name is Greg; fifty-eight years young. Played drums in bands from 1963 to 1983. <carpel tunnel gear change here> Figured since as a drummer every bass player I ever played with was the third worse guitar player in the band and usually left me hanging dry I would be a dedicated bassist and make some drummer really happy. Last two drummers I played with were alcoholics so I get along just great with my Alesis SR16. He does what he is told, always shows up on time (and in time) and stays out of my beer. Anyway, that’s how I got here. I currently play what might be called “Dawg Music” by some (combination of folk/blues/country/rock) in a three piece (not including “Skinny Johnson” the Alesis SR16). Primary instruments are an Azola Bug Bass II EUB, Warwick Corvette fretless 5-string, Lakland Bob Glaub and Epiphone Jack Casady though an EA Micro 300 with the CXL112L & NL210 cabinets. I figured it was time to come out from the shadows and interact. So here’s a “Hey Ya'll” from a reformed drummer who’s still playing rhythm except with more melody.

2. suterb42

suterb42

Jul 27, 2007
    somewhere in WV
    Two days later, another former drummer from West Virginia shows up. Weird, huh?

My name's Billy, I'm 26, and I've been playing bass for about 5 years now, although I didn't seriously get into playing until recently.

I consider myself a guitar player (I've been playing for 11 years), but I started out playing drums for the high school marching and concert bands. I haven't really played drums since I graduated from high school, though.

I've got a Yamaha RBX550 I bought from a pawn shop. It's a really nice bass, and I haven't had any problems with it until recently, when the nut broke while I was changing strings. (More about that elsewhere.) I don't have a bass amp, but I play through my GuitarPort, or I just plug into the 1/4" input on my sound card.