Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey ya'll - how about an mp3!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paul, Mar 10, 2004.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Ok, since like 1% of you read the system announcements :smug: ...

If you haven't heard, we're collecting mp3's of TB members to press onto a "Official TalkBass Sampler CD". The CD will put a sound behind many usernames and hopefully be a good sample of what the TalkBass community sounds like :)

I was restricting mp3 submissions to supporting members, but have decided to open it up to all registered users with join dates prior to December 1 2003. If you qualify, please help us make this project a success and consider sending in a tune (can be solo, small group, full band, etc). We're not looking for professional quality stuff - regardless of your talent level or experience, please do not by shy about sharing your style :) Your work is protected by a comprehensive "Limited Use Agreement" written by attorney and TB'er Tombowlus. So don't delay - I'd like to have the collection process completed in a week or two. Thanks!

Here's the announcement with all the info, limited use agreement, and instructions on how to submit:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/announcement.php?f=62&announcementid=133

2. GOD HAS SPOKEN

Once I get some time I'll stop being so lazy and make one.

This is also to bump it up also I guess.

3. Hrm...now I HAVE to get that minidisk recorder...I'll try and get something in Paul!

4. i have digital video from my all state jazz band concert. i'd love it if someone could help me cut out one of the songs and isolate the audio into an mp3 for this disc. any takers? :D

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You asked for it-I just posted my info.

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I've got some tunes, but the bass is on synth. Want those?