HEY YOU STUPID HIPPIE! Gimmie back my Primus!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Alright, I've been a Primus fan for some time now, and own a Claypool shirt and a Pork Soda shirt. I use to get the "Primus? OH, they did that Wynonna song" all the time. Now?! Well now every pothead I see feels they need to come up to me, pry open their bloodshot eyes, look at my shirt and say, "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, Primus/Claypool is awesome dude." Then, they assume I'm one of them and either want to party with them or I know where they can find weed.

******** *** ****** ********** ***** jam bands. :mad:
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Agreed. Only I don't have a shirt. I just like Primus, and don't like stupid stoner hippies.
  3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Sorry, but us hippies had Primus way before that. :cool:
  4. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Hating on hippies is fine. Fun even. But don't hate on weed man, that's just uncalled for.
  5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Why do I get the feeling that Les would vomit if he read this thread? :scowl:
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    At least this isnt quite as oxymoronic as say..hating on hippies for wearing Phish shirts? Or Bob marley?

I guess its near the hippie trippy genre.
  7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey Matt - Go here: http://www.primusville.com/frames/fbull.html

and post the same thing - they'll agree with you, at least for the most part.

it's where all of the old schoool hard core Primus freaks hang out. (myself included at times)
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've listened to Primus since before "Suck on this" was released. My best bud lived in Redwood City and jammed his geetar with a student of Les' He hooked me with cassette demos back in the 80s (yes you youngin's cassettes from back when your parents were still cool)...

Hippies that were "music" fans have dug Primus since the get-go. AND Les and the boys have always had "Jam" tendencies....

AND Les thanked the engineer for lettin' Primus spill their bong water in the console... Hmmmmm Frizzle Fried :bassist:
  9. Yeah, that's one of the stepping stones as how Les got so good at bass and vocals.

Back in his teens, he would just get stoned and watch cartoons while playing bass. Since he was able to play bass and pay attention to the tv bass playing became very natural to him, and being able to do two things at once let him do funny off time vocals while playing very hard basslines.
  10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I like the Primus "jam band" type stuff. Espically on the Tour De Fomage. I really like the improv.

But i'm with you guys, hippies suck!
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

Whats up with people who arent like me liking the band who's t-shirt Im wearing?!

12. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    I agree. A rock shirt is a great conversation starter/ice breaker. Espically for girls that like good music.
  13. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Bah! Quit your belly-achin' melonhead. Ever try wearing a Ramones t-shirt in a busy shopping district? In the past, people were like "Who are they?" now?!? it's "Hey! The Ray-mones rule! 'Rock the Casbah' is an awesome song!".

Oh, the indignities I suffer!!
  14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that's cause for a kick to the groin.
  15. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I don't have any band t-shirts, but I want a Thin Lizzy t-shirt. I ordered one through an online vendor last fall, but never got billed, and never got the shirt. So, if anybody comes across a Thin Lizzy t-shirt, PM me...
  16. playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    i pretty much only wear band shirts/hoodies. ive met a lot of cool people, and im in a cool band now because they needed a bassist and saw i liked good music. also, i wear my X watch, ive met a lot of fellow straight edge kids who see my watch and are jealous.
  17. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    I always thought they went away from their more Funk/Thrash phase (Suck on this, frizzle fry, Seas o cheese)

Once pork soda, and Tales o punch bowl, brown, They went into the more Jam-ish/Funk-ish/Hippi-ish/Er Spacy-ish?? phase...

They still rock, but i liked their Energetic stuff a bit more.

It's puddin time children
  18. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I agree. I prefer the early thrashy like stuff the best. But I also like the psycedellic route they now seem to be taking. The thing I like about them the most is you can't really catigorize them. They are just...Primus. So I think they will always offer something out of the norm. They definitly won't wither away like Metallica for example. Hopefully.

And are these guys ever going to do a new album together? The animals LP was decent, but they didn't really put much into that. I would love to see what they could do with a full album.
  19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Wanna know something? I bet if he did that minus the pot and minus the cartoons, he would have got better faster.

I know they've always been a little jam based, but this is getting out of hand. There "agressive" songs lost their edge almost entirely when I saw them. Ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.