Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Yeah, long hair is cool

65 vote(s)
    57.0%
  2. No, long hair is lame

16 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. No, Long hair looks bad on you

12 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Yes, Long hair looks carrots on carrots

21 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Here's a picture of me brushing my teeth.

[​IMG]

On an unrelated note: Is long hair lame? I'm thinking of growing my hair to shoulder length at least. My girlfriend doesn't really like it. But maybe it's the metal guy in me (I am in a metal band) but long hair is pretty sweet.

2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Your expression + hair reminds me of Jack Black. Good or bad is your decision.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Long hair = Cool :cool:

That is, ofcourse, if your not a poser! :p

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    For reference, here is an equally terrible pic of me with short hair

[​IMG]

I don't photograph well.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I get that a lot... only when I make weird faces. :)

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I've been growing my hair out, & I get compliments. IMHO, the key is keeping it long,, yet neat & clean looking... Remember, my day job is as a software developer for a utility company. ie, pretty conservative.

7. Do it long and shaggy and heavy nordic beard.

I had long hair till last Sat, cut my beautiful curly locks. Now I got this David Byrne thing goin on ....ehhh

8. you gotta let your freak flag fly, man.

9. Being half native american, there is no other hair that looks as good on me as long hair does. And yes that was generalizing, but its true for me.

10. most of my friends have long hair, including my half korean/irish friend, its weird as hell. hes smart but hes irish so it cancels out all the stereotype things asians have. i have surfer/skater hair kinda, but i looked like a bald 5 year old chipmunk when i had short hair in 7th grade, i pretty much had no hair

11. Matt, m'man, I say grow thine locks long and the metal gods will smile unto thee.

That said, as you've realized the girl situation can get a little more sketchy from then on....has for me. Not that I really had good skillz with the opposite gender anyways, but my mane is a total turn-off to most ladies. :D :(

Meanwhile, they love the texture. :rolleyes:

But hey, you're taken! Score! Alright. Less to worry about..

12. [​IMG]

Matt Till takes dental hygiene TO THE EXTREME!

I'd go with the long hair, maybe not shoulder length, but long.

13. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    Grow it while ya got it!!

14. MarkyMark

MarkyMark

Dec 11, 2005
    I had my long hair phase in high-school. I like it short now (I'm in a rock/metal band as well). If you think you can pull it off, do it... but don't let it get all greasy and nasty.

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have had short hair all my life. I'm growing mine out for the first time.

16. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I'm in a rock metal band, but I'm bald. Frankly, no matter what I tell people, I secretly miss my hair with a passion and I'm incredibly jealous of all those with awesomely long hair.
    A roundabout way of saying: Go for it.

However, on the gf note: My gf never wanted me to grow a beard. I never went long enough past the itchy stage to grow it, so I didn't. Then after a very long time, we broke up, and for a change of pace, I tried it. You konw what? she was right. I looked like an idiot.

You'll look badass, but just keep in mind, the special lady may not just be all shrewy. She could be right.

17. WarThumb

WarThumb

Dec 13, 2005
    Norway
    +1

18. :D

Personally I'm not hot on long hair on guys, but if they like it, I'm all for it. If my fella said, "Woman, I'ma growin' my hair out," I'd be all, "Good for you." I'd give an opinion, but I wouldn't tell him not to because I didn't like it.

How I turned this into a mememe thing, I'm not sure. Sorry, Matt.

19. I grow my hair long, then cut it short... Its a cycle. Its happend probably 5 times so far. Its starting to get long again. This time im going to grow it aslong as i can, then get the dreads put in.

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm going to have to see one of you wiping your ass before I can really make a decision.

brad cook