HH Sterling at Rudys Music

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Feb 4, 2006.

1. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Just saw this not too long ago, I'm gonna take a trip down and try it as soon as I can. Has anyone here played the HH Sterlings yet? I've tried an HH Stingray, and found it to be very nice.
  2. Play something at rudys? Good Luck. If u dont know the bass guy is a jerk but just sweet talk him and you'll have a chance.

I really wana check out those new ritters hes got.They wouldnt let me play one they had there last year but ya never know If i got to play an MTD there ya never know.

Let me know if they have the ritters on display.Oh and how that HH sterling is.
  3. Not many HH configs in BC, better pick er up
  4. Love that colour combo.
  5. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    one of my favorite color combos
  6. brooklyn

Aug 10, 2005
    Let's be clear from the get go; I don't work for Rudy's OR know anyone who works for Rudy's.

Everytime I've stopped by to look at something I've found all the guy's in the bass dept. to be warm, friendly and very helpful. Not only that, they actually seemed interested in what people are up to musically in order to better serve the clientele. Many others I know have had similar experiences.

One of the things I really dislike about this forum is how easily certain individuals jump to talk **** about others. It really detracts from a forum which I feel is caught between being a place for professional musicains such as myself, as well as bass enthusiasts to share knowledgeable facts and even fun - or just another place to show each other what our basses look like and how big our dicks are.

Please. Enough.
  7. mconover

Feb 6, 2006
    Don't know if anyone's seen one, but I just got a Sterling HS with the single coil in the neck position. Natural with Shell PG and Maple neck. $1300.00 out the door at GC.

I've had SR's and an SR-5 in the past, and thought I wouldn't be able to handle the narrow nut....I have big hands, but I'm very pleased. Typical excellent EB quality and playability. the neck PU adds beef.......

I'm really a guitar player, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Bought a GK700RBii and a 115SBX cab to go with it. Seems like a nice little rig......I'm also an old fart that likes the low end without much if any tweeter......also, put on Daddario nickel half rounds on....

Now I have to work on playing fewer notes!!

8. All the times I've been there. I've been treated like I don't know how expensive the gear in there is and when I've asked to play certain basses, I've been given an attidue. Although, I have yet to hear "No" from anyone yet.
  9. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    This mirrors my own experiences.
  10. +1...

Experiences vary, but in general, I trust that the TB community would not go out of their way to libel the character of any operation, specifically stores.
  11. I think this comment was directed towards me so let me clear things up.

I never said that I didnt like the store. They have great quality from everything they sell, they got great products and everything is set-up.

The only thing that bugs me is that one of the guys from the bass dept.(usually there most of the time) can get snotty when it comes to his basses. I know that they are muti-thousand doller instruments but that doesnt give them the right to treaty me like a child if I want to test something out. He is a nice guy, I had many talks with him about more then just music but I think he needs to relax when someone wants to try out something and take his job less seriously because he can come off as a jerk when you got one of his basses in your hand. BUT that doent stop me from going to Rudys and I dont treat that guy any diffrently.

P.S Thanks for the idea for the "How big is your penis poll":D
  12. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Who cares what the shop guys are like ... thats a SWEET bass and you shouldn't let anything come between the two of you. :p

I've got a pair of EBMM buttercreams, one of which is a 5 string HH ... and they are amazing.