Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hhhhmmmmmm

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by mystical drew, Jan 15, 2002.

1. mystical drew

mystical drew Guest

Jan 15, 2002
    Sylvania OH
    ive been playing bass guitar for like 3 years now and i recently fell in love with the warmth of the double bass i started listenign to jazz a few months ago and i really want to switch to double bass the only thing is i dont really know much about them i dont really have much money i have like a lil over $1000

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    You'll need more than that to get a properly-set up instrument.

There are more like you. Check out the threads below for newbie advice.

3. mystical drew

mystical drew Guest

Jan 15, 2002
    Sylvania OH
    i know i saw that but didnt find out what i needed whats the difference in materials

i play trough a yorkville bassmaster 200

4. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    What's the real question here? Do you mean what DB's are made of?
    There are loads of threads here on buying a bass which include what to look for, price ranges, etc... If you want to get educated go to (All Hail) Bob Gollihur's links page www.gollihur.com and spend about three weeks reading everything you can. Oh, and go ahead and start looking for a DB teacher who not only can teach you how to play this very different instrument but can probably help you find an instrument and answer your questions directly.

If you have some more specific questions for the folks here fire away.

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    In the Toledo area -- my home town -- get a hold of either Jeff Halsey, head of the Jazz Dept. at BGSU and a bass player, Rick Luettke, local bass player, or Gene Parker who is my father. They can help you get pointed in the right direction around there.