1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hi all new to bass and forums

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by ady, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ady

ady

Mar 29, 2006
    hi i am from england just started learning maybe a bit late in life but having fun doing it.seem to learn best from tabs.good or bad?

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I think the only thing that's not bad about your post is coming from England...;)

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Learn by ear or learn real music. Tabs are a great shortcut if you are in a hurry and you understand that most are not exactly right, and often incomplete. Be aware you may have to "modify" what you learn.

4. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    I like mysongbook.com for tabs, the guitar pro ones are usually right, or close to right. Doesnt beat learning by ear though, that will help alot in learning the fretboard and where all the notes are.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I'm sure people coming into the G&L forum are riveted by this discussion, but....:meh:

6. LOL