Hi all, new to forum and have ?

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by taz7290ar, Feb 25, 2006.

1. taz7290ar

Feb 25, 2006
    Hello all, I am new to this forum. I am a beginner and looking for a good all around bass that is good for beginning to intermediate playing. It has been along time since I played any instrument and want to get back into it. What is a good bass?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Welcome to the Forum, Brian.

There are tons of threads about beginner basses in the "Basses" forum. A quick search will give you more answers than you'd ever hope for. Just one of the advantages of this forum having been around for so many years.

One general rule of thumb is that any bass that's reasonably well built, stays well in tune and feels comfortable is a good bass for a beginner.

Good luck!
  3. joshp

Feb 21, 2006
    Hey Taz, Im new here too. but have been playing for a while, As fart as good bases are concerned, My advice would be to go to your local music store and play a few of the Basses there. there are a great many makers that are great for beginners (and beyond), fender, gibson. guild, etc.. see what feels right to you!
    Good luck!
  4. Transcending

Aug 29, 2005
    Why hello my livid friends.
    I'm new.
  5. bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    just my two cents, but if you intend to be up in front of other players you want to have a "respectable" instrument. Unless it's heavy 5 string music you're playing, try on either Fender or Musicman. Good tone and play well. If you're of small stature they both have smaller models like Fender Mustang or MusicMan Bongo. Play several from a Guitar Center but don't be hasty in purchasing. It's got to be comfortable and sound solid thru a combo amp. g'luck.:D