1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi all.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by casfan, Mar 7, 2008.

1. casfan

casfan

Mar 6, 2008
    Hi,
    found this after a bit of a search, I want to play bass, I have had one for ages but never really gave it a good go. So hopefully i will stick to it this time.
    not really looking to play anythig to complicated i like a lot of rock punk stuff.
    I have been learning to play hit me with your best shot :) which i nearly have nailed.
    Just a quick question, I play my bass thru a 10 watt Fender guitar amp, not a proper bass one. But the bass doesnt sound Bassie enough if that makes sence, sounds hardly anything like it does on the tracks. I have It tuned ok i think

2. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Welcome to TalkBass.:)

Guitar amps usually don't reproduce bass frequencies very well. You might want to check out the Amps section. Remember not to turn up very loud when playing a bass through a guitar combo; it may blow the speaker.