Hi DB Players ***

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Sciascia S., Apr 3, 2005.

1. Hello to every bassist on this Site .

My Best Compliments for this Forum .

A Special Ciao to everyone I knew during the past ISB Conventions ! and the next one too .

Ciao from Trieste Italy

Stefano Sciascia
  2. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    Hi - I don't know you (!) but welcome to talkbass! This is a great place!
  3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001

Great to have you. I checked out the clips at your site -- you sound great! Now, if we can just find you a decent bass....
  4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Moved to Miscellaneous
  5. :hyper: Thank you , nice to meet you !
    I was just thinking to change my bass with a new one .
    It 's so old and me too young for him ..

Yes it's a nice place here .

Stefano Sciascia
  6. Thank you Patrick for your welcome message .
    I have red a lot today on this beautiful Forum .
    I like my bass for the Sound ,very particular and sweet and for the shape that reminds me a beautiful mediterraenan woman !
  7. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I saw that article. That's a beautiful bass - it should be in the "The Talkbasses" gallery for sure. Stefano, by way of introduction to the forum for those who might not have seen the article, maybe you could tell us a little bit about yourself and about that bass...I've never seen another quite like it. I'm sure that Paul W. probably already has a picture of it in his W.C., but if not, post a pic or two if you can to give us all something to drool over. :D
  8. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Welcome to TB. I listened to your samples. You play beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

There's a couple of decent shots of of your bass at your homepage. I love the carving work on the back of your scroll.
  9. Stefano...Welcome to TBDB! I'm Paul Warburton, a jazz bassist here in Colorado. I'm the one that Chris mentioned who makes picture copies of beautiful Basses, then takes them to the WC to have my "way" with them. ( this is only a joke) Your beautiful bass is in there......I love the machines on your bass. Who was the maker?
  10. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Welcome Stefano !
  11. Hi everyone here !
    I just made two new shots with my mobile for TB .
    For your eyes only ..

More about me , I love the sound of the Bass that strikes my Hearth !
    About my teaching and playing , eveything is on my web-site here: http://www.stefanosciascia.it .

I really don't know the Maker of my DB ,just that it is of the end of '700 and italian .
    But no expertise.
    If you have some ideas ,please it would be great to listen your opinions about it .
    Anyway I like it so much expecially for his sweet sound and I want to play it more and more .

Thank you for your welcome words to me .

Ciao Stefano Sciascia

Attached Files:

12. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Trieste...the Home of Marinetti !
  13. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Welcome to TB Stefano. Love your sound, truly great!
  14. Stefano, is that a small brass plate on the scroll button?
    Your playing is wonderful!
  15. JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    OMG, did you see that carving? :eek: I think I am going to have to follow Paul's lead and run off to the WC for some heavy thinking ... :p

Stefano, welcome to TB. It is great to have you here!
  16. Marinetti , is the poet ?

It is great to me to be here ,really !

I have done a new photo to the brass plate .
    May be it is F M ,,,or P M , I think that they are the letters of the name and surname of one of the old owners of this bass .
    BUT I don't know because I bought it in 1998 in Venice and the story is a mistery to me .

Happy you like my Music thank you .

Attached Files:

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Beautiful bass, and wonderful playing! I wonder if Ken Smith has any ideas as to a more specific origin of your bass. I am not very familiar with the "guitar shaped" basses. They have always appealed to me though. Anyway it looks like a terrific instrument!
  18. As Durrl suggests, we need to get Stefanos bass in the Talkbasses.
    Paging John Sprague!!!!!
  19. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Not only that, but we should get you hooked up on the Sampler page as well. I listened to the Faure clip on your site...it's absoultely gorgeous. When and if I get serious with a bow, that's the kind of sound I'll be shooting for. Beautiful work. :)
  20. tzadik

Jan 6, 2005
    Welcome. Wow. Your playing is phenomenal. :)