Hi everybody, just introducing myself again with a new ID.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bass Guitar, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Hi everyone, it's Erwin again.

I thought I would change my posting ID from "B@$$!$T" to "Bass Guitar" as I was beginning to dislike my first one. I hope that this is OK with the moderators. I only registered today. I am surprised that the ID "Bass Guitar" was still available. I am in the process of sending a money order to the site to become a Supporting Member with this ID.

My initial introduction post went like this:

I have been lurking for about 2 weeks now, and decided to take the plunge and register and post. I just wanted to say "Hello and greetings" to all the bassists who frequent this very nice community here.

Let me introduce myself. My first name is Erwin and I have been playing bass for 10 years now. I was initially trained formally with the organ and piano as a kid. I currently play a Conklin 7 which I just bought recently. Before that, I owned a Yamaha TRB6 (the original neck-thru one, not the new bolt-on) as well as a custom Kydd 6-string EUB. (Both of these 6 strings I sold to make way for the 7). I also had a fretless Ibanez 506SR too. I play regularly twice a week for my church band (we are in the process of recording our first album), and I also play once in a while in a jazz fusion band with another bassist who plays a 4.

My real job is as a medical doctor, and I am also studying for a law degree too. I run a medical search engine site as well at www.medlinepro.com

I recently got married about 9 months ago (hence the selling of excess basses) to a wonderful woman who loves me and my bass (she is a fan!).

Enough information about myself, I want to meet all the regulars here. Who are you and how are you all doing?

Thanks to everybody who has warmly welcomed me so far. :) I deleted my initial thread as I won't be using that ID anymore.

God bless you all, and may the lower frequencies bring us all higher.
  2. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Hi Erwin. Nice to meet you and welcome to T.B.

Not much to tell you about me. I'm recently retired and finally can spend as much time with music as I want. It's great but I'm sure a lot of the other members think I have too much time on my hands.

About the only thing exciting in my life right now is that I'm learning to read music. I was kind of shamed into it from reading the posts from some of our theory gurus.

You'll love T.B. There are some of the nicest people on T.B. that you could hope to meet and I'm sure you'll fit right in.

A thick skin and a good sense of humor is a plus as you'll learn soon enough. :)

Good Idea on the name change. I was really having a problem with the spelling of the old one.

You are at least the second doctor to grace our membership. We have our own Dr. Mike that I'm sure will introduce himself. Great guy who sometimes drops some good medical info into his posts.

Anyhoo, make yourself at home and have fun.

3. Bass Guitar

Aug 13, 2001
    Hi pkr2,

Thanks for the welcome. Everybody here has been really nice - bassists are nice people.

Luckily for me my parents forced me to do music theory as a child - I can sight read reasonably well, though most of the time I play by ear.

I look forward to meeting Dr. Mike. I am currently working in the specialty of paediatric psychiatry, but hope to move in medicolegal defense once I complete my law degree.

Catch up with you soon.
  4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Man!!! Do we have work for you here from time to time!!!!!....."Dr. Bass, code blue in Off Topic, code blue in Off Topic......Stringdriventhing is flaming all posters!......." ;)

Your presence and future contributions are welcome here BG.
  5. Bass Guitar

Aug 13, 2001
    Hi again Gruff, Hi Rickbass,

Yeah, with the amount of teenagers here, there is work aplenty I see LOL!!! :)
  6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

And I wasn't even talking about the teenagers! :eek: !!!

7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Hi and welcome:)
    I´m sure you´ll love TB..