Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by kn0ttygirl, Feb 24, 2006.

1. kn0ttygirl

kn0ttygirl

Feb 24, 2006
    Newcastle, UK
    Hey, im not so much a bassist, but im learning, i know how to read tab and spend most of my spare time teaching myself basic songs. I have played drums for a fair few years now but dont have the room nor the funds to keep a kit anymore so i decided to give bass a try. Unfortunately, my boyfriend who was going to help me learn isn't exactly talking to me anymore, so like i said, im teaching myself, very badly, its a slow process, but i really enjoy learning new things. I hope to find helpful tips and new friends here and get better at playing bass ^.^

Also, i listen to metal, rock, cyber and a little bit of punk. I love Metallica, Guns N Roses, VNV Nation, Apoptgyma Bezerk, Tatu, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Muse, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Our Lady Peace, Greenday, Sex Pistols, Zeromancer.....the list is endless, i like most music really, i have very varied tastes.

xxx

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Hi there!

Nice to meet you!

Look forward to learning alot and having lots of fun. This is a great forum.

Enjoy!

:D

Joe.

3. kn0ttygirl

kn0ttygirl

Feb 24, 2006
    Newcastle, UK

thanks :) i posted pictures in bass guitars>off topic>show yourself if your bothered, im real bored LoL!

xxx

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I checked 'em out.

Good job!

No matter what I do I always come out looking dorky if I trake my own pic.

:D

Joe.

5. kn0ttygirl

kn0ttygirl

Feb 24, 2006
    Newcastle, UK
    Hehe, me too, but i am dorky so its ok, i just make myself look as emo as possible for pics, with the ton of make up and the fringe, im actualy just a sad dork with an undercut :p

6. grlbassplyr

grlbassplyr

Nov 14, 2009
    Forget Tab. Learn to read music. It will open up a whole new world to you.