1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by gerryjazzman, Jan 6, 2007.

1. gerryjazzman

gerryjazzman Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    I stumbled on TalkBass while doing some web searching. I used to hang around the Bottom Line forum some years back (yeah, I'm not so young anymore), but sadly it's gone now. There were a few famous people that hung out there (Carol Kaye comes to mind). It's nice to see such an active bass community alive and well.

I actually consider myself a pianist first, but I also like my share of playing bass, initally to do some home multitrack recording but I also found playing bass to be a lot of fun.

I'm a jazzer primarily, but I also dig anything that sounds good to my ear (jazz, rock, pop, classical, folk). I grew up with Zeppelin, Allman Bro's, Santana, Chicago, Grand Funk, Black Sabbath, etc). I'm strictly amateur and don't gig much, but I seemed to have collected quite a few instruments over the years (P-bass, fretless P, fretless J, 6-string, and upright).

Anyway, nice to belong to a bass community again.

Later,
    Gerry