1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hi from Ireland !

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Juanma Bourbon, Jul 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hi all folks ! Spaniard living in Ireland introducing himself to these fine forums !

Living in Ireland for a while and been playing since I moved in and a few basses and amps are been coming and going:

Played in Ireland for a Foo Fighters Cover Band (Double F), an alternative rock metal thing (Drive by Eden) and currently playing for The Revellions (we just released a single)

EDIT: My basses are a Fender Jazz Bass MIM from 1999 with upgraded CTS pots and an Edwards Precision Bass E-PB-83R which feels like a reissue of 58's PBass, upgraded with an US Fender P Bridge and DiMarzio DP127.

Happy to be here and take part on this !

Find attached my two main basses (although the JB is about to go)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    DiabolusInMusic and Gazman like this.
  2. Welcome!

Hope you have fun, and get some great info here on the forums.

Juanma Bourbon likes this.
  3. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Welcome to our World.

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

5. Oddly

Oddly Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Welcome!

Nice to see another player from Ireland here...there doesn't seem to be that many europeans here!

6. Thanks all !

Indeed, no many europeans and even less from Ireland ! Great to find another folk from the country

7. PunkNerve

PunkNerve Fender Guitar and Bass Historian

Apr 24, 2016
    Ireland
    Greetings from Sligo, AKA the backa*se of nowhere, and the last train station on the line. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Juanma Bourbon and Oddly like this.
  8. Best place to go surfing and very close to Rory Gallagher's home town ! So we can say the last but not the least ;)

tzohn likes this.
  9. PunkNerve

PunkNerve Fender Guitar and Bass Historian

Apr 24, 2016
    Ireland
    True that! :thumbsup: If you ever find yourself in Sligo, pay a visit to Strandhill. Very dangerous to swim in and there's no lifeguard but the waves are the best you'll get in Sligo, possibly all of Ireland. :)

10. Oddly

Oddly Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    My daughter's just back from a weekend in Sligo town.
    She was very pleasantly impressed with the quality of the restaurants and some bar she can't remember the name of.:laugh:
    Strandhill is definitely one of the loveliest beaches in Ireland...and home to a very cool venue, The Dunes Tavern.
    I haven't been to the area in far too long...

11. If she can't remember the name of the bar means she had a great night then ! haha

Oddly likes this.