Hi from Ottawa

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BLUESAPE, Jul 27, 2013.

1. BLUESAPE

BLUESAPE

Jul 27, 2013
    Ottawa, On
    Just joined up - just acquired an early Aerodyne PJ last night, and was referred here by the same buddy who sold me this bass. I have been a lead player/frontman for over 40 years, but have always wanted to explore bass more. As we all know, bassists are the most difficult musicians to find in a pinch.

I'm delighted with the bassist in our band, but he has a young family and a great career, so he travels a lot. He also sits in with other bands at times. I'm looking at building bass chops as a failsafe for when I need a bassist and mine or any other good bassist isn't available.

My other guitarist is more proficient on bass than I am, and we possibly could switch back and forth and carry a gig, should the need arise. If I am able to get really proficient on bass, I may be able to sit in on other bands' gigs someday.

I am a mod at the Guitar Player Forum, so I know what great environments these fora can be. Sure, a mod has to be a cop once in a while, but the general ambience on my forum has been peaceful and positive for many years now, and I wouldn't change a thing. I look fwd to interacting with musicians who are far more advanced than myself on this instrument.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021