Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hi, Funky--A Respectful Statement

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Burduck, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Burduck

Mike Burduck

May 21, 2002
    Funky,

Everything I'm about to say is said with kindness and a smile, because there's no other way to say it properly.

I wish I could be like you: young, naive, pc, and quick to assume that the guy who points out a shady deal must be in the wrong because only unpleasant (or use any other word you like that might fit better) people would ever try to hurt anyone's feelings by pointing out such things.

As you get older, you'll see that at times in life it IS indeed wise to inform folks of unfortunate, "bad" deals, if for no other reason than to spare them the inconvenience and disappointment that "might" come their way if they deal with such people. That's not a "crusade," it's called doing the right thing. Yes, there are things that we'd rather not see, but, sadly, we have to see them. The "greater good" is not served by burying one's head in the sand and pretending that such things don't happen.

But, then again, maybe we're all better served by only asking folks "How Tall Are You?"

Peace!

Mike

PS Funny, but aside from you (and I'm sure, a half-dozen or so others), the ton of e-mail I've received has been rather unanimous--"thanks for letting us know what went down."

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Touching.

Next time, send a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.