1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Hi(gh)!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by AshInAmsterdam, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Hey all, new member here. I live in Amsterdam, if you couldn't guess, though I hail from the town of Watford which is just outside London.

I've played guitar for 23ish years, since the age of 12, and had been in a few bands in my late teens/early 20s, but shift work over the past 10 years put paid to that dream. Now I'm free from those shackles, I've just started a band with a drummer and guitarist and bassist, but the bassist wasn't a fit so I agreed to take up the bass... essentially doing what you probably hate most of all - being a rhythm guitarist who plays bass, though I am working on "proper" bass playing ;)

I have an Ibanez Jet King II Bass that I bought about 5 years ago with a Fender Rumble 15 practise amp. I used the guitar for home recording DI into my audio interface. Since I'm officially a bassist in a band I have recently purchased a Fender Standard P-Bass and a Hartke HA3500 with one 210XL cab, with the intention to buy another cab (maybe a 115) once we have a permanent, secure, jamming space to leave there, and combine the two for gigs. Also have a Dunlop 105Q wah, compressor and a couple of fuzz pedals (including one home-made) which is all I really want from my bass sound.

That's me in a nutshell. I'm here with the intention to hone my craft, and hope this forum can plug any gaps in my knowledge.

GregC and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Welcome aboard!

AshInAmsterdam likes this.
  3. Ask specific questions. Someone will answer.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021