1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hi guys new to the site but not the bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by alabamabullfrog, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. im a self taught musician for the most part (thanks hal leonard and stu hamm) other than a couple months of piano and 3 years marching band. im now reaching middle age and have been trying to better myself at the bass for ummm i guess if i added the time one good year of focus on the bottom end of things. for the last few months i have been preparing myself to hit the stage this spring with my band. i thought i should join since i read posts here for knowledge and tips. i will take pictures later of a few of my axes.

i play everything except woodwind. i suck at drums cause i never tried. if it has strings i can make it sing.

i play by ear mostly but i am quite adept at stealing licks from the youtubes. since i have been able to WATCH it played i can pick it out much easier.

i am about to make a big purchase and wanted a few opinions b4 i jump in.

i have decided i shall purchase a brand new bass to see me through my mid-life crisis..lol; actually i am just sick of my collection of pawn shop stuff and want to get a 5 string since i have yet to acquire one.

i am leaning towards ESP and i really like the fancy b series and f series. the only difference is a more radical evil looking shape on the f. i am just wondering the consensus. i might have to order the f.

im just wondering if one or the other MIGHT be worth oodles in the future i want my kid to have something cool and pricey hopefully? lol....im thinking the f is gonna be rarer in pristine condition having the metal shape and all they will get beat up more thrashing perhaps?

its been a while since i dropped such a load at once for an axe. i could get the sm top for like 100 less even. decisions decisions....

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. Welcome. Not going to be any help on your question.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Welcome aboard. I also have no insight into your bass conundrum but I will suggest buying used. If you post the same question over in the main forums you will get a better response, you'll get a lot more viewers.