1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi Guys

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Jimmy Bones, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Hey guys, I'm newish here.

I've been occassionally reading threads as a guest for a while, then I registered early this or late last month.

I was once upon a time in the Navy, a CTI, and am now a stay at home daddy who plays in a local band here in Honolulu.

On that note, what is the forum policy on band plugging?

So far, I've been mainly hanging out in the sections dealing with instruments (which is better than which, blah blah blah) because I've been interested in upgrading. I bought a new bass and sold my old one since joining.

I've also been lurking in the lessons forums to find out if a particular course I bought recently was a mistake (BGS - if you have read the posts on it, you'll know what it is; this is in no way a plug), and I want to write an objective review on it, but it still hasn't gotten to me after several business days. Getting anxious.

I like to play a variety of styles, and I am currently trying to develop my slap, but am thus far failing. I play hard rock/metal mostly, but I am getting into funk a lot. I use four stringers mostly since I can't figure out what to do with more strings than that.

Anywho, I guess that's about all the intro you guys need of me. Feel free to say hi whenever. :)

-James

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Welcome to TB!

Check out the link in my sig. Lots of good info there.