HI! Help Please!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ElectroStompbox, May 20, 2007.

1. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    Hi! Im fixing to invest on a few bass effect pedals......i was wonderig what would be some good starter pedals? also.....can you use any electro-harmonix pedals for your bass? and what would you recomend for a good chorus pedal?

Thanks Much!
    ElectroStompbox

2. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Distortion/Overdrive/Fuzz is a good starting point. Actually, kinda depends on what kind of music you play.

Yes, you can use Electro Harmonix pedals, I have three and I love them. Really you can use any pedals you want with bass, we do! Some people will tell you otherwise, but now you know you can ignore them and do whatever you want! haha

For the chorus, I was just looking into one recently, but it depends on what kind of tone you want to get. Different choruses are good for different tones, I like the Boss Super Chorus CH-1, but there are plenty of others people here like... Boss CEB-3, Boss CE-5, EHX (electro harmonix) Clonetheory, EHX Clone, EHX Nano Clone, Rocktron TSunami, Rocktron Deep Blue... etc...

look around the forum, read topics, there is a LOT for you to learn... grasshopper... haha

3. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    thanks.....i know a few guitar playes with some electro-harmonix pedals that are AMAZING! like the big muff and small clone! o and are there any major differences in the regular and nano versions of electro-harmonix pedals? like te nano q-tron and little big muff? o one more thing! what do you reomend for fuzz? I was looking at the boss fz-5 fuzz?

Thanks Much!
    Electro Stompbox

4. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Fuzz?! you said it already! lol I have a little big muff (LBM) for fuzz. In a band setting it tends to get lost in the mix but I have found a solution. Once i get home for the summer I'm going to run a two amp setup with one running the fuzz from the LBM and the other either running a clean channel or OD from my Ibanez Tubescreamer. There are some people here who like the Big Muff as well for their fuzz.

You gotta keep in mind though, what I think sounds good for me might not be what you like. Try out as many pedals as you can, get some direction from us here, but definitely make your own decisions. Sound clips are nice to get an idea of what a pedal can do, but in your hands with your rig it might sound completely different.

differences vary in the small versions of the pedals and the originals. I cant really think of anything specific. Sometimes they mess the small versions up, sometimes they're better. Some of the most versions have weird adaptors, the small ones have the boss style adapters.

I've never messed with the Boss Fuzz pedal, I've heard no feedback on it either...

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021