Hi, I'm Brendan, and I'm a gearhead...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Brendan, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It all started kinda innocent, you know. My friend would plug his Zoom 506 into my bass once in a while. Then came the Distortion pedal, and the Fuz Boxes, that my guitarists plugged me into...after that, I'd start borrowing pedals from everyone. I even bought a Distortion and a Chorus pedal....It got so bad, I found myself dowloading sound bits at 2:00 in the morining, trying to find my next sound! Eventually, my Gearhead lead guitar player found out about my problem, and led me farther astray by lending my his wah...When I had a Distortion, Chorus, Zoom 506 and a wha all chained into my amp, I knew I needed help...so I got clean:))) and signed up for Gearheads Anonymous...GHA has really helped me out these past few weeks...

Actually, I just really am now getting into some effects, and I figured, might as well tell the truth. Heck some people like tonal possiblities, I happen to like tone, and whole dang sound possibilities. I intend to buy quite a few effects in the future, if not for band use, then for my own amusement...and yes, yes I did have a wha/Chorus/distortion/Zoom all linked into my amp. That was fun...to bad they kinda sucked, beings that they were all guitar effects. Anyway, Fellow GHAers, feel free to share, there is no persecution here:D:D
  2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Well, I'm what you would call a former pedal-head. I liked effects so much at one point, it was rediculous. It all started on a trip to a local music store and i picked up a BOSS pamphlet. I read through it about five times, imagining owning a phaser, chorus, limiter/enhancer (you know you're hooked once you start imagining you want to own something as boring as that!) and some others.
    Whenever i was bored at my driver's ed class (which was a LOT) I would draw my dream signal flow, which probably consisted of a dozen effects!!
    I would also look through bass player magazines and draw signal flow diagrams of their gear, too!
    After a while, though, I realized that my ODB-3 and my DOD Envelope Filter are good enough for me right now. I don't know what i would use a phase shifter for, other than "Sir Psycho Sexy."
    I still consider myself a gear head, though, b/c i still daydream about owning my favorate expensive basses and amps. All I want for Christmas is a fretless Wal and an Eden 4x10 and 1x18!!!!
  3. dude...you guys got problems :D
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

....Do not! :D:D