1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi, need help!!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Medford Bassman, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    ok, i am in a cover band that plays alot of weddings. During our breaks I play an Ipod that contains some classic "wedding" songs.

Celebration
    Macarena
    YMCA
    Electric Slide
    Cotton eyed Joe
    hokey pokey
    chicken dance
    the lady in red

As a band these are songs we'd rather not play live. The crowds always seem to eat them up on our breaks. I need some more suggestions for additional weddings songs like the above. Thanks everyone.

2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    logon to your local radio station, probably the one that tends to play a mixture of tunes from the 70's on and take a look at their top 100/400 or whatever it is that they play over the 4th of July weekend or other national holiday. That should give you a good idea of what sells in your market.

3. Silaxian

Silaxian

Dec 16, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Use the internet. I typed in "top wedding songs" on Google and got a huge list of links.

4. QORC

QORC

Aug 22, 2003
    Elberon, New Jersey
    I was a wedding dj for a lot of years - but it's been a long time (I haven't done a wedding in 18 years). Still classics are classics. Some songs always worked for me. Always (in addition to what you have above)

Hot Hot Hot (Buster Poindexter)
    Holiday (Madonna)
    Shout (Isley Brothers)
    La Bamba (the Los Lobos version)
    Billie Jean (MJ)
    Brown Eyed Girl (VM)
    Old Time Rock and Roll (Seger)
    Footloose

5. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    If you have a male singer, put mainly songs sung by a female on the iPod, and vice versa if you have a female singer. Also add songs of styles you don't play that much, and songs you don't think you would play well.

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Something for the people paying for the wedding (usually the parents)

Elvis - Hound Dog
    Chubby Checker - Twist
    Heatwave - Always and Forever (a classic slow love song) http://www.imeem.com/subic/music/C_oQP-kC/heatwave_always_and_forever/
    Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman (another classic)
    Chiffons - He's So Fine

Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There, She Loves You, Eight Days a Week, Twist and Shout, If I Fell, From Me to You, Help

Herman's Hermits - I'm Into Something Good
    Beach Boys - Good Vibrations

7. Another One Bites The Dust.......j/k :D

8. Celebrate - Kool and the Gang (always seems to make an appearance)