1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi, need to buy an amp head, has anyone tried this amp??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by adi77, Sep 29, 2013.

1. adi77

adi77 Banned

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    hi, i have a 500w watt head (to run a tc rs210 cab) that has given up .. no service for it in india. one of my friends visits italy very often and gets a discount at this store (mercatino musicale), and says he can get an amp for me. has anyone tried this?..

http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm...per-basso-con-preamp-valvolare_id2910682.html

i want a light-weight amp head that has a tube pre section.. any suggestions? thanks

2. Not many Italians here. My Italian is zip but it looks like a pretty racy amp. Valve preamp, flexible EQ, 400w, pre and post EQ DI. Mucho dinero. (not cheap)

3. adi77

adi77 Banned

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    hi thanks,:) i think i'll sell my old amp and that'll help (BTW the guy i play with, Warren Mendonsa, is from new zealand, currently living in india)

4. grey area

grey area

Sep 2, 2009
    almeria spain
    hi, i also play in india(goa) during the season and this year wil be taking either my GK MBF 500 or my GK MB 200 out. i was using a GK backline 110 but the jams seem to be getting bigger and louder so i understand your need for a bit of power. my GK MBs sound real good through my RS210 but i aint gonna bring my cab to goa. ask your mate to check the GK MBs out when he is in italy, they are a good price and realy small and if its anything like the backline it will laugh at the monsoon humidity.
    shanti.

5. grey area

grey area

Sep 2, 2009
    almeria spain
    just a footnote. yuor current amp can almost certainly be fixed. i've not found a peice of electronic gear yet that cant be fixed by an indian tech. just walk away when you see a hammer in the toolkit, you dont need to know how, but they will fix it for sure. these guys could fix a space shuttle with two bits of string and a few nails. realy.
    shanti.

6. adi77

adi77 Banned

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
    i got a warwick profet 5.2, and i'm looking at something better (tubes sound).. even if i fix it i need a backup (though i'm tempted to get rid of it at a good price)... i will def chk out the gks though... thanks again bro.. :)

7. grey area

grey area

Sep 2, 2009
    almeria spain
    good luck. the MBF(fusion) has a three tube preamp 12ax7s and is not the most tube sounding amp but i found the tubes make it realy organic, IMHO it has a lovely tone and is louder than an indian wedding party band, its also about the size and weight of a car radio. i wish you luck my friend. i will be in india very soon, cant wait. i miss it so much.
    shanti.